My Child at School App
As an Academy we recognise that communication with our families is crucial and that at times this communication isn’t always as efficient or immediate as parents would appreciate. Our aim in the new academic year is to address this.
At Easter we replaced our core data system and we have worked hard through the summer term to ensure our new processes are better. One of the main advantages of the new system is the student and family portal, My Child at School (MCAS). This portal will allow you to log in and access details about your child (or children) within school. You will, as we activate more sections, in time be able to view and respond to:
- Attendance and absence information – you can notify us why a student is off or provide a doctor’s note
- Behaviour updates – including correction notifications and events through the day
- Academic reports – so you can track how well your child is learning at DBA
- Parent evenings bookings – to plan you appointments and always know which teachers to see
- Student timetables – so you know what lessons your child has each day
- Pupil personal details – which can also be updated by you in the app
Registering for the MCAS App:
- Make sure you have provided an up-to-date email address to the school - if you haven't or haven't been receiving emails from us, contact the main reception to update us.
- We will send you our school ID, your username and an invitation code.
- Go to www.mychildatschool.com
- Click 'Redeem Invitation Code'
- Enter your details and enjoy instant access to student attendance, behaviour, detentions, announcements and more.
- Download the mobile phone app 'MyChildAtSchool' and enter your details to have access on your phone too.
For more information and guidance. Please find relevant guides below.